low moderate high very high health risk
Sorry, no calculation possible
Please use our questionnaire, see the menu: Enter your values.
Why no calculation?
The most frequent reasons are required fields without entry, the entry of more than one number in a field such as 1.65 for metric body height or 5'2 for British or American body height, and the entry of correct numbers in the wrong fields, probably by mixing up unit systems.
- In the metric questionnaire, you must enter your body height in centimetres, i.e. 165.
Make sure that you
- have entered your age (2 to 100)
- have indicated whether you are male or female
- did not enter more than one number in one field
- did not enter any points, commas, special characters or letters
- did not enter pounds or kilogrammes in the stones field. Use the questionnaire weight just in pounds or the metric questionnaire instead.
About this calculator
What you should know about the BMI
How the body mass index is calculated and why the old formula is still in use.
18 million until February 2019